Facebook is one of the most useful social networking platforms for a company. With a whopping 93% of marketers using social media for business advertising, you can’t go wrong! The first step to marketing your company is creating a Facebook Page. Once you have that sorted the second is to take the next step further and create a Closed Facebook Group. Now for those who may not know what a Closed Facebook Group is, you’re about to find out!
What is a Closed Facebook Group?
A Closed Facebook Group is a feature located at the left menu of your Facebook Home Page. It is a feature that allows anyone to create a private or public group for business or personal purposes. A Closed Facebook Group is made visible for the public to see and allows anyone to request to be accepted into the group, however the posts cannot be seen to the public, only the members of the closed group are able to view them. A closed group is one of the most reliable ways of communication used to interact and promote a business. If you’re also in the process of establishing a business, this would be the perfect baby step to begin promoting your brand on Facebook.
How to Setup a Closed Group From your Page
Setting up a closed Facebook Group for your company’s Facebook Page is as simple as the following steps:
- Login to Facebook
- Click the “Groups” tab on the left menu of the Home Page
- Select the green button “Create Group” at the top right corner
- Type a name for your Group in the text-box
- Type the names of your friends to be added to the group
- Select “Closed Group” under the privacy drop-down
- Click the “Create” button to finalise creating your private group
You can also go back to your company’s Facebook Page and post a link to the closed group which will allow new people to access and request membership. Another option is to link your closed Facebook Group to your company’s Facebook Page.
How to Link your Company’s Facebook Page to your Group
- Go to your company’s Facebook page
- If you do not have a “Groups” tab in the left column you will need to create one (Keep in mind only an admin or editor can add or delete tabs)
- Click “Settings”
- Click “Edit Page” in the left column
- Scroll to the bottom and click “Add a Tab”
- Click “Add Tab”
- Click “Close”
- Go back to your company’s Facebook Page
- Click the “Groups” tab in the left column
- Click “Link your group”
- Click “Link” next to your company’s group you want to link to
5 Top Benefits of having a Facebook Group
Having a Closed Facebook Group can be very beneficial to any business. Here are the top 5 reasons why you should have a closed Facebook Group for your company:
- It provides efficient communication between the business and clients.
- It will build trust which will be valued in the long run with clients.
- It is a community based group alongside your Company’s Facebook Page.
- It will create personal engagement with clients.
- It will provide visibility on your news feed for other users to request to join the group.
How Might you use a Group Page for your Business?
- Child Care Centre
For a child care centre a closed group would be useful to maintain regular contact and to notify the parents of the children if there were any concerns. Photos of children could also be privately shared with the group so there will be no issue with consent of photos being publicly posted.
- Group Exercise Instructor
A Closed Group could come in good use for a exercise instructor who teaches group classes such as Pilates or boxing. It can be the easiest form of communication between the clients to post workouts of the day, class times and to ensure who was attending.
- A Winery
Consumers and other business’ who would be interested in purchasing wine could easily be contacted through a Closed Facebook Group as it is a small community. You could also offer a wine special with a unique code. Another option would be to create the opportunity for clients to book an event for a wine tour.
If your business or organisation would like further information please feel free to give Social Media AOK a call, we’d love to help!