Seems that that’s the magic number for Social Insider’s study released recently.
So what’s the cliff notes version?
- Instagram’s engagement has taken a dive with a 30% loss in its engagement rates per post down from 3% to 2%
- Posting frequency is a thing – the larger the profile the more prolific it is with content.
- Brands still fail to get their heads around video despite it being a thing, with 76.1% still defaulting to images as their preferred content.
- We like to window shop – carousel posts receive a higher engagement rate per post (up to 5.13%)
- The golden ratio for the perfect post caption is apparently 10 words and over 20 emojis and includes questions. So start brushing up on your emoji speak.
Given the amount of posts that were evaluated in this study, it’s certainly solid data but like anything, it is always open to interpretation and you really want to spend some time getting clear on why you are on the platform and what it is meant to do for you. Then by all means use the data to help formulate the content strategy behind the platform.
There is a bunch of great data in their report, which you can read in full here
Latest posts by Simone Douglas (see all)
- A network is a powerful tool if you know how to use it - 17/10/2019
- What 7,433,417 posts can tell you about Instagram - 01/10/2019
- Why you can’t automate human connection - 27/09/2019
- Like counts may well be set for retirement but is it going to help marketers create better content or improve one’s mental health? - 27/09/2019
- Social Media AOK is Hiring do you know our next Social Media Superstar? - 01/06/2019