The aim was to educate many of my clients and thousands of others like them in business about the how, what and why of Social Media.
In doing so I defined a Grumpy Old Manager and gave myself the title of Grumpy Old Managers’ Guide.
As someone who would on the grounds of age, background and disposition probably qualify as a GOM I thought it appropriate to become a guiding light in the new Digital Age.
So what’s the Good News and the Bad News….. Well …. in reviewing the eBook with a view to getting another edition out soon I realised two things…
1. The Good News is that most, if not all, of the recommendations we made over 5 years ago still stand
2. Those in most need of the advice are still sadly in need.
But one thing has changed in my focus …. it’s not all about Social Media and its application to your specific business or even choosing the right bits of Social Media it’s about harnessing all the tools available now and leveraging them to the max.
In an upcoming post I will explain it’s no longer about A or B in decision making on how best to promote your business and increase revenue and sustainable profitability (I assume that’s why you want to promote your business anyway) its about A + B + C + ….
With the ability to rapidly deploy and test strategy using digital media you can now choose a range of inexpensive options and test which suit your business goals best ….. You may well find it’s a combination of both.
As such the next book will focus on Marketing and Selling in the Digital Age and leveraging the new tradition of book writing. I will be looking for lots of feedback before I finish the book rather than write it and find out I got it wrong.
These days it’s possible to write a book cooperatively by developing the structure and a few headlines and have the potential readers fill the massive gaps between. I will be adding much more substance that that though!
With the world continually changing there is one piece of GOMG logic I will finish this blog with
If you always do what you always did you are now unlikely to get as much as you always got
Latest posts by Simone Douglas (see all)
- Social Media AOK is Hiring do you know our next Social Media Superstar? - June 1, 2019
- The GDPR is here and it probably affects you… - October 12, 2018
- So you are playing at being Seriously Social? - September 24, 2018
- Social Media and Digital Marketing for ALPMA - July 10, 2018
- Facebook Advertising for Hoteliers with the AHA - July 6, 2018