The Radio Show
Identify New Users for Existing Offer
Join Simone Douglas for her second radio show episode, part 3, with the IBGR Network – Results Radio as she shares her insights into Identifying New Users for Existing offer.
Week two of your seriously social journey, a path that changed the way I do business forever and whose benefits regularly surprise me in terms of the opportunities they generate.
It is easy to get distracted by all the noise in the business world at large but jump day is your chance to settle in and work on your business in ways that allow you to make the most of your opportunities today, tomorrow and forever.
What’s the hardest thing about growing a business? For many small businesses, the answer is finding clients or getting customers. Customer acquisition is particularly difficult if your marketing budget is limited. IN today’s show I will take you through some time-tested strategies to help build your customer base.
IBGR is committed to your success and our programming is designed to give you the tools and resources as well as the one percenters you might be missing that are the difference between feeling like you are stuck on repeat and that weekend getaway you book yourself to celebrate hitting your milestones this quarter.
Have a fantastic week, hopefully we have turned your hump day into jump day and you are all fired up for success.
Show Objectives – The Why
Like any good business customer acquisition in the beginning is easy to a degree, but eventually you find yourself asking – what’s next? How do I grow without reinventing my business model? What else is out there?
Key Issues – Owner Perspective:
- How to find new customers and increase sales.
- Defining the market for my product or service
- Generating sales leads and closing the deal.
- Building your referral networks and strategic partnerships.
What You Need to Know – The What
- Define the ideal customer.
- Develop a plan for customer acquisition
- Look for and follow business prospects on social media (define your SNAP)
- Market research – the top 100.
- Work within and expand your networks.
What You Need to Do – The How
- You can get to know your customers and segment the market any number of ways including the ones below:
- Demographics — statistical data on a population including income levels, age, etc.
- Psychographics — the attitudes and tastes of a certain demographic.
- Ethnographics — examination of particular cultures.
- Buying habits — how, what and where customers purchase products and services
- There are a variety of age-old staple techniques and newer tools you can use to find new customers and increase sales. It’s best to understand the choices you have in order to determine which may best allow you to reach new customers
- Cold calling – tried and tested but works on the basis that it is a numbers game
- Networking – it is important to evaluate both structured and unstructured networking events
- Digital advertising – Google, LinkedIn, Facebook, instagram and Twitter
- Event Sponsorship
- Run your own events
- Cross collaboration and promotion
- SNAP – Your Social Networking Action Plan – there is way more to Social media than just the marketing understanding and mapping out your “SNAP” will drive action and success
- Identify the top 10 mid tier companies in each market segment and reach out to them by phone to do some market research (100 calls in 10 days).
Previous: Episode C3.007 Opportunities to Increase Share of Wallet with best Customers
Next: Episode C3.009 Balance Between Selling to the New and Servicing the Old
Written by Simone Douglas
The Publican & Licensee of the Duke of Brunswick Hotel, Executive Director for BNI Adelaide North one of the biggest networking organisations in the world, the driving force behind South Australia’s leading social media agency, Social Media AOK and now best-selling author with her first book “Seriously Social – turning your online game into real-world gain”.