How a Watch Party can be useful for your Facebook Group
Facebook Watch Party is one of the newest features that combines Facebook Live and Groups. It is available to Facebook Groups allowing members to watch videos as well as comment and react at the same time. Unlike a Facebook Live, a Facebook Watch Party is specifically used to post onto your Group page for only members to view. As seen with Facebook Live, the new feature will help build the community in your Group by increasing user engagement by everyone participating.
The “Watch Party” feature was inspired by Facebook Live videos to bring everyone closer together. It is an intimate feature to create a shared videoing experience to help bring the community together. Facebook introduced Watch Party due to the amount of positive social interaction users experienced while viewing Facebook Live videos in comparison to prerecorded videos shared. The satisfying thing about this new feature is the comments will not get lost in the same way as they do with public videos. Users will be able to view videos at the same time and interact with other members. Similarly to Facebook Live, emoji reactions can be used to participate without typing which can make it effortlessly easy for anyone to get involved.
So how do you create your Facebook Watch Party in your Group?
- An admin or moderator from the Facebook and Group page are the only users who can post a public video to the Group page. The video can be either recorded or live.
- From your News Feed, click Groups in the left menu and select your group.
- Click Write Post at the top of the group, then click Watch Party.
- Search for a video or click a category (example: For You, Watched, Live) to view additional videos.
- Click Add to Queue next to any videos you’d like to add to your watch party, then click Done.
- You can choose to add a description for your watch party, then click Post. You’ll see a message that says “Your Watch Party Is About To Begin.”
- To add group members to your watch party, type their name and click Invite next to their name. Any people you invite will receive a notification that they’ve been invited to join your watch party. When someone joins, you’ll see their profile picture in the bottom left of your screen.
How can it help your business?
A Watch Party could be used to demonstrate how to use a product or to explain the differences between one product to another. A video relevant to your business could be shared to the Group to get a specific point across, or it could even be anything as simple as a tutorial video depending on your business. By using the Watch Party feature, you will be providing engagement as well as creating a conversation for members to ask questions or provide feedback about the video.
If your business or organisation would like further information please feel free to give Social Media AOK a call, we’d love to help!